My daily routine
My daily routine starts at 05:30 every morning including weekends.
- 05:30 - My alarm goes off, my computer boots up in the office and my desk light turns on to a dimmed setting. I walk into the office which is opposite my bedroom and sit down at my desk to dump my daily thoughts into Roam Research. I brain dump for around 15-30 minutes.
- 06:00 - I begin my first reading session of the day. I will read a non-fiction book for about 30 minutes. (see Books)
- 06:30 - This is my first writing block of the day (see My daily and weekly writing routines).
- 07:00 - I start getting ready for work. I have a shower and get dressed.
- 07:45 - I start work with a coffee.
- 13:00 - Lunch time
- 13:30 - Back to work
- 17:00 - End of my working day. This is when I start to cook dinner. If cooking dinner isn't an involved practice, I will attempt my second note taking/writing session of the day while dinner is in the oven. If the dinner is more involved I will skip the writing and focus on dinner instead.
- 18:00 - finish eating dinner. Here I will then write or code for an hour and a half or so. If I haven't had a second note-taking/writing session I will do this first, then code for a short while. Some days I may just code for the whole time, others I may just write.
- 19:30 - Time for an evening walk with my wife. We go out for about a 50 minute walk every day and aim for 4-4.5km distance.
- 20:30 - I review my day, clear my inboxes and prepare for the next day ahead by reviewing my task list.
- 21:00 - I head to bed and read for 30 minutes to an hour. If I am really into a non-fiction book I am currently reading I will continue it, however I do want to try to just read more fiction at bed time.
- 22:00 - lights out for sleep.
- 05:30 to 07:00 - my weekends are largly the same as weekdays so I'll save the duplication
- 07:00 to 08:00 - going through saved notes and clearing through my reading list and taking more notes from it
- 08:00 to 09:00 - my wife and I will sometimes do a workout in this block
- 09:00 to 17:00 - general plans for the weekend. These could be gardening, shopping, working on my site or other projects
- 17:00 to 22:00 - again this time is largly similar to weekdays.
As you can see my days are pretty much consistent between week days and weekeends, the latter is just a little more chilled out with no day job between 07:45 and 17:00.