Something new I want to try out is conducting a personal retrospective each quarter, and year.
Goals for 2019
- Eat 'healthier' and more conciously
- Start earning a side income from my main job
- Develop my best self
- Build an online presence and help people
90 Day Goals
- Plan work lunches and prepare ahead of time (partially complete)
It was a little hit and miss with this one. Some weeks were really good and I prepared lunches ahead of time, others not so much and I ended up buy lunch while at work. Over all was a reasonable achievement for this goal.
- Rebuild my website and start a consistent blog (partially complete)
This did not go well. I rebuilt my webste multiple times, learned a small amount of HTML, CSS and PHP (just enough to get by with Wordpress themes), however I did not properly knuckles down with the blog and wasn't fully happy with the website overall. I didn't make enough time to sit down and code, and I had too many distractions from writing.
- Make an attempt to be more positive and productive (partially complete)
Throughout Q2 I definitely got better at this. I recognise I could do much better, but I'm still finding my groove.
- Consistently write blog posts and start Youtube channel
How did it go? It didn't... I wrote a few small blog posts about my daily life, and made all my public videos private. This was a very big goal for the quarters, and I definitely overestimated what I could do!
What do I want to do differently in the next 90 days?
I get distracted easily
I want to attempt to be more effective with my days. This could be reducing distractions, carving specific times to get stuff done, sticking to what I want to get done... I think if I am able to do one of these, the others will naturally follow.
I get to a certain point and give up for the next shiny thing
When I am learning something new, I have a tendency reach a certain point then give up and move on to another project (the next shiny new thing). I want to get past this point with learning web development. I'm gonna put a book end here ... now it changes.
Goals for Q3 2019
- Plan meals in line with basic macro split
- Finish building personal website
- Focus on getting more sleep
- Brainstorm ideas for blog posts and videos